There are countless worth seeing destinations in developing countries. The charm of these tourist destinations attracts visitors from around the world despite the average and sometimes below average amenities that these destinations offer to their visitors.
Due to the lack of education and other related problems, most of the developing countries have a high rate of street crime. Foreign travellers to these countries are the prime targets in these cases, which is why it is important to be cautious and prepared when travelling to these parts of the world. This article will help travellers in learning about being vigilant when travelling to developing countries.
1. Make use of the helpful research tools like the guidebooks, travelling catalogues which provide information related to the destination that one plans to travel. Make sure that these books are up to date.
These days travellers can also make use of technological tools and applications like setting up Google alerts to learn more about the happenings and situation in the respective country they wish to travel to. Social media websites and platforms are also a useful tool to get maximum information from the locals of the region.
2. Next important task is to learn the basic expressions in the local language. This will help tourists and visitors in mingling with and understanding the locals and create goodwill at the same time.
3. Women in particular should get maximum information related to the dress code acceptable in such countries in order to avoid hostility and unwelcome attention. Some of the countries require them to wear head coverings as an essential part of their clothes, while in other countries it is optional. This information will prove to be very useful for the security and comfort of travelling females.
4. When shopping in the markets and streets try to dress like the locals. This will save one from being charged unfairly against high mark up. Also by dressing this way the visitors will be able to remain unnoticed by the pickpockets in search of foreign travellers to rob.
5. When selecting the airline to travel to these destinations, first check the safety record of the local airline. If it is not available, search for an airline crash under the local airline name. Travel only if sure that the selected airline is reliable; otherwise, select an international airline to travel to the destination. After all nothing is more important than safety.
6. Whether travelling alone or with family always make sure to carry enough supply of safe drinking water along. This simple routine will save you and your family from countless possible diseases that can be transferred into the human bodies via unclean drinking water.
7. It is empirical that all travellers scan a copy of their passports and email this copy to not only themselves but also send a full color copy of the passport to a trusted friend or relative as well.